Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Chilli List

There are literally thousands of different forms of chilli pepper. I'm rather a fan of both their taste and their diversity hence I grow a fair few varieties and find myself unable to resist growing ever more. I like lots of other plants and vegetables but chillis do well for me and hence are likely to get featured ever more.

This is the Growlist so far showing what I've grown and when.......

Variety Species 2010 2011
Fish  annum X X
Jalapeno  annum X X
Dedo de Mocha  baccatum X X
Lemon Drop  baccatum X X
Red scotch bonnet chinense X X
Guatemalan Chiltepe  annum
X
Joe's Long Cayenne  annum
X
McMahons Texas Bird Pepper annum
X
Minorcan Pequin annum
X
Numex Bailey Piquin  annum
X
Sweet Banana annum
X
Criolla Sella  baccatum
X
Big Sun scotch bonnet chinense
X
Chocolate Habanero chinense
X
Fatalii chinense
X
Mustard Habanero chinense
X
NuMex Suave Orange  chinense
X
Orange Habanero chinense
X
Paper Lantern chinense
X
PI 281429  chinense
X
Pimente De Neyde chinense
X
Trinidad Perfume  chinense
X
Duke Pequin  fructescens
X
Turbo Pube (PI 585267)  pubescens
X
Fresno Supreme  annum X
Hungarian Hotwax  annum X

and this is what's in reserve in my seed cabinet....

Variety Species
var. aviculare annum
Cap-253C annum
Cayenne annum
Chinese 5 colour annum
Friar's Hat annum
Goatweed annum
Gold Cayenne annum
Hungarian Black annum
Thai Yellow  annum
Cap-1530 C. cardenasii cardenasii
CAP 1445  chacoense
Aji Dulce Long chinense
Aji Panca chinense
CGN 22835 Long  chinense
Cumari chinense
Datil chinense
Ecuadorian Brown chinense
Goronong chinense
Habanero Cristina chinense
Lima Blanco PI 152222 chinense
Pointed Yellow Hab chinense
Wild Brazil chinense
Apricot chinense 
Bradleys Bahamian fructescens
Capsicum lanceolatum lanceolatum
Capsicum praetermissum praetermissum
Cumari Pollux praetermissum
Goat Pepper  praetermissum
Albertos pubescens
CAP 363  pubescens
Orange Rocoto pubescens
Capsicum rhomboideum rhomboideum

I'm not sure I'll grow all these next year but I'm certainly planning to grow a lot. In fact I may well plant some in a few weeks to overwinter....

No comments:

Post a Comment